Translate

Thursday, September 25, 2014

reflections in demo teaching

                                              Reflections
Teaching is a hard profession but when you are in the field you will really appreciate the real beauty of it.  This is what I've want to bear in my mind. When I experience demo teaching in Ed 4 (Principles of Teaching 2), it was a privilege for me to become a successful teacher. Through this demo teaching, I can experience the real scenario that may happen and not happen supposedly in the classroom.
I teach my students to the best I can. I use the “Think, Pair, Share” strategy to my topic poem entitled “Annabel Lee” by Edgar Allan Poe. My students are very cooperative that I have no problem in terms of their behavior. Moreover, they are doing the activity to the best they can when I gave them a work to do. I enjoy teaching with my students.As a first timer, I feel nervous to teach not one student but whole class. Despite of that nervousness, I continued and ended my topic with learning in the part of my students.The comments of my professor is that: show enthusiasm in your lesson, unlocking of difficulty should be used in context, visuals should be clear enough, the flow of strategy should be visible and clear and lastly improve yourself well. Also, my professor commented about the proper way of developing a good literature plan. I noticed that the one I made is not a literature plan.
          Failures are the beginning of true success. This is true because as a novice you are prone to failures but it can be source of your motivation to aim success in your life. As I’ve experienced, my professor commented me about how I teach, I must consider it as a motivation and a strong foundation to change the way I teach to come up with a good one.  Through these comments, I know my strengths and weaknesses that can help me comprehend myself better.

3 comments: